As a not-for-profit organisation, we have continuously invested in our facilities and resources over the past 30 years, to encourage our students to explore and develop their unique interests and talents whilst inspiring a love of learning. 

Located within an 80-acre campus, our school combines traditional Malaysian architecture with state-of-the-art facilities while emphasising sustainability. The school facilities underscore KTJ’s holistic approach to academic learning while supporting the intellectual, emotional, social, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual development of our students. 

Flickr album: KTJ Facilities | Height: auto | Theme: Default | Skin: Default Skin

Academic
  • Subject-specific classrooms: Our classrooms are specifically designed for teaching different age groups from early years to primary, secondary and sixth form.
  • Design and technology workshops and Art Studio: These workshops facilitate lessons in woodwork, metalwork, product and graphic design, food technology, painting, textiles and clay.
  • Music studios: Equipped with a grand piano, keyboards, drum kits, violins and guitars, the music studios are used for individual and group practice sessions as well as music tuition.
  • The Arc Library: The Arc is equipped with the latest computer technology to facilitate research, private discussion rooms for group work and silent study areas. The library also provides a large space for talks and lectures delivered by universities and industry professionals throughout the academic year.
  • Sixth Form Centre: This dedicated building enables our Sixth Form students to work in a purpose-built environment with the facilities they need to prepare for their A Levels and university applications. Complete with discussion areas, interview rooms, study nooks, computer suite, games room and a pantry, the Sixth Form Centre is also where students are able to meet with staff and tutors if they need any assistance. 
  • Purpose-built primary campus: The primary campus opened in September 2013, and provides 4 separate outdoor play areas for children of different age groups, an indoor play area for Early Years and Reception children and a children’s swimming pool.
Sports
  • Athletics field: This large outdoor space allows students to take part in a number of athletics activities including running, long jump, high jump, javelin and shot put. 
  • Badminton courts: Six indoor courts located in the multipurpose hall.
  • Basketball courts: Two indoor and two outdoor courts
  • Climbing Wall: Indoor 11-metre rock climbing wall , manufactured by industry leader, Walltopia.  Our students take a basic wall climbing course and receive certification upon completion, while KTJ climbing supervisors are trained and duly certified. 
  • Cricket field: We have a dedicated oval pitch for this popular sport at our school.
  • Dance studio: Our dance studio provides a dedicated space for our students to practice a variety of dance styles including ballet, modern and contemporary. 
  • Gym: Our gym is equipped with free weights, strength training and cardio equipment.
  • Netball courts: KTJ has two outdoor, grass netball courts.
  • Outdoor football pitch: KTJ has a football pitch which can be configured for different age groups.
  • Field hockey pitch: KTJ has an outdoor, grass hockey pitch.
  • Play areas for Early Years, KS1 and KS2: Dedicated play areas with equipment designed to build motor skills. 
  • Swimming pools: Three swimming pools - a 25-metre pool and two dedicated children’s pools.
  • Tennis courts: Four outdoor hard courts. 
  • Squash courts: A squash centre with three courts which comply with international specifications.
Communal areas
  • Café Diem: Serving light snacks and drinks, Café Diem is a popular hangout spot for students to enjoy some downtime and to catch up with friends. 
  • Dining Hall: The main canteen where all meals are served, offers students Asian, Western and vegetarian options together with a noodle bar, panini station and salad bar. The dining hall is famous for its Sunday Brunch, a buffet that offers a scrumptious spread each week.
  • Junior Day House: A facility for day students complete with a communal prep room, private study spaces, reading corner, pantry, social space, prayer room, changing rooms and washrooms.
  • Auditorium: The Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar Auditorium which seats 700 people is the location for assembly, events and student performances.
Boarding
Flickr album: KTJ Boarding | Height: auto | Theme: Default | Skin: Default Skin
  • Boarding houses: Our boarding houses offer modern and exciting communal spaces for our students to socialise and study. 
  • Bedrooms: Modern shared bedrooms and private bedrooms for upper sixth students, with plenty of space for studying and relaxing.   
  • Communal spaces: These include a cinema room, communal kitchen, gym equipment and private rooms for study and academic discussions. 

Learn more about Boarding at KTJ

Environment
  • Solar panels: 3,200 solar panels have been installed at KTJ, generating free and renewable energy to power our classrooms and boarding houses. Additional energy generated is sold to the national grid. 
  • Recycling bins: Throughout the school, students are encouraged to recycle paper, plastic, metal and glass wherever possible.
  • Eco project areas: Our primary school’s Eco Warriors maintain a vegetable garden, composting bins and rabbit hutch. 
Virtual Tour of KTJ

Where next?

KTJ Primary
KTJ Secondary
KTJ Sixth Form
KTJ Boarding
Enquire