Contact Us
Engage Login
Frog
Payment
Twitter
Facebook
Flickr
Youtube

Individual Sports

INDIVIDUAL SPORTS

We are fortunate to have one of the most outstanding campuses in Malaysia, which allows our students to experience a wide variety of sports.

For sports where we need to hire a specialist coach, there will be an additional cost to the parents. You can find out more about the costs for certain activities by emailing registrar@ktj.edu.my. We employ experienced and qualified oustide coaches or instructors for the following sports.

Fencing

This is a paid for activity. An external coach trains students in the ancient art of fencing – sword fighting.

Golf Academy

A paid sport. The golf academy takes place at Staffield Golf Course. Students are given coaching on all sides of the game. Advanced students will have the opportunity to enter external competitions.

Karate

With the help of an outside coach students will learn how to master Karate. Karate, one of the world’s most popular martial arts, requires students to learn striking, kicking, knee strikes, elbow strikes and open hand techniques.

Squash

Both squad and recreational sessions available. Advanced students will have the opportunity to enter external competitions.

Swimming

Social, beginner and intermediate sessions available.

Taekwondo

With the help of an outside coach students will learn how to master Taekwondo. Taekwondo is a Korean Martial art with a heavy emphasis on kicking.

Yoga

With the help of an outside tutor, students will learn the basics of Yoga. Yoga helps with flexibility, mindfulness and dealing with stress.

Cross-country

An opportunity to stay fit and run socially. Students will run different distances and routes around the school.

Table tennis

An opportunity to play table tennis socially.

Tennis

Both squad and recreational session available on the school’s courts. Advanced students will have the opportunity to enter external competitions.

Weights

Weights are done in the school gym. Senior, junior, male and female sessions are available at different times of the week.

MMA

MMA or Mixed Martial Arts is an activity taken by Mr Adam, a practicing MMA athlete. In MMA the students learn basic techniques from 6 different martial arts whilst engaging in a fitness class.

Cycling

New this term!

In this two hour ECA, students will get out on their bike, tackling the local roads of Negeri Sembilan. A road bike, a helmet and a reasonable level of fitness are essential.

Rock Climbing

Indoor climbing helps build balance, strength, grip hold, flexibility and movement. As part of the activity students are taught safe belaying skills, buddy checking and rope skills.

Diabolo

A Diabolo is a traditional toy from China consisting of two equally sized discs connected with a long axle.

Students in Diabolo club learn how to use and perform tricks with the Diabolo. This is done by an alternating lifting and dropping motion using two sticks, each held in one hand. 

The KTJ teachers are really nice and kind to the students
Katiyah - Year 4
Katiyah - Year 4